20170Re: [Unity_Games] SR: Global Powers, Kogge, Oasis, San Juan, Cribbage, & Traumfabrik

  • J C Lawrence
    Mar 1, 2004
      On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 06:20:54 -0800 (PST)
      Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:

      > Kogge (Bob, Dan, Craig)

      Did you do any inter-player trading of tiles or goods during your game?

      > One of the things I like about Oasis is that you have a rough idea how
      > peole are doing, but you never know exactly unless you are one of
      > those nuts who memorizes everything and is counting tiles, scores, and
      > pi to 100 digits. While you can do this in Oasis, I would think it is
      > really quite difficult to do so.

      Uhh, I only memorised Pi to around a dozen digits and I've forgotten
      half of them.

      Oasis is easier than some games as the range of types of multiplier
      cards is small and the count of the number of cards left unplayed is
      both public and small, which allows for an easy cross-check in figuring
      what people have.

      > So you get to the end game scoring and often times you can be
      > surprised at how well or poorly someone is doing.

      I've thought about trying Oasis with exposed multiplier decks except
      that doing so would highlight the luck factors even more. The game
      would tend to fall out to the intersection of luck of the card draw and
      the intersection with player order coming out of the last round (are you
      first when the cards good for you come up?). It is a little more
      interesting than that as players can control the number of cards they
      offer based on player order and player investments, but I'm very unclear
      how much impact that can have given how significant a single card can
      be.

      --
      J C Lawrence
      claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?