19831Gipf Project Article Worth A Read

  • Craig Massey
    Feb 3, 2004
      The latest issue of the Games Journal is out and while
      this issue isn't terribly meaty, there is a fantastic
      article on the Gipf project by Mitch Thomashow (a sort
      of local gamer and helluva hoops player up in the
      wilds of New Hampshire) overviewing the series as a
      whole and providing a refreshing and different view on
      the games than your run-of-the-mill review.

      I'm not sure I followed everything he said, but I
      thoroughly enjoyed reading the article and as has been
      said before, I'm not a huge fan of abstract games.
      But Mitch is - he has a voluminous knowledge of them -
      and his depth of understanding comes through here in
      what is one of the best writing game articles I have
      seen in a long time.

      Fans of abtract games in general or the Gipf series in
      specific should take the time to read the article.

      http://www.thegamesjournal.com/reviews/Gipf.shtml

      =====
      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...