17764(SR) GiP

  • Tami
    Aug 31, 2003
      This is my first attempt at an SR, so please be kind & gentle.

      Attendees: Larry, Mark, Brian, Shelley, Tami, Chris, JC, Roy, Allan

      We started out with a 6 or 7 player game of Grape Escape. Larry
      initially won, but since he made it to the finish line before any
      violence had occurred, we made him start over. I think Mark may have
      won this one, but I'm not sure. In the end, all grapes were
      squished, and many laughs were had. I think JC was the only one that
      didn't enjoy this game, based on him taking out another game and
      looking through it while we were still playing.

      Elixir was next up. This game started with "Well, I'll be a Monkey's
      Uncle" played on Allan. I can't think of a better choice, and he
      played it well. Mark was "Perplexed" for most of the game, and I
      ended up being a "Busybody" for the last few rounds, for your
      information. I ended up winning, playing "Cyrano" on Allan, who
      started the poem with "there once was a man from Nantucket." (If
      anyone can remember the last line of that poem, please e-mail me
      offlist; it's been driving me nuts).

      From here, we split into 2 groups: 1 group played El Grande, while
      the rest of us (Mark, Brian, Shelley and I) played several games.

      Money: played 2 rounds of this, both of which Mark won. This is a
      fun, fast game that I really rather enjoyed.

      Zirkus Flohcati: again, we played 2 rounds of this, with Brian
      winning both. He ALWAYS wins this game, IME. His strategy seems to
      be to get the 10 different colors asap. I try this every time, but
      always seem to be 1 or 2 colors short when Brian goes out.

      Then Brian left, and Mark, Shelley, and I played Coloretto. Cute
      game; I'm going to have to buy it. But in retrospect, I think we may
      have played the game slightly wrong; there's a card with a "round"
      arrow in it; Mark said this was the ending of the game. I kept
      thinking it was a weird symbol for a game end, and then last night
      realized that maybe it meant we were supposed to change turn
      directions. Does anyone know for sure?

      I have no idea how El Grande ended, because Mark, Shelley and I all
      left at this point.

      Tami
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic