16320Re: [Unity_Games] that duration thing again (was Re: Walter H's Top 10 for 2003, so far)

  • Walter H. Hunt
    May 1 12:07 PM
      Campbell MacInnes wrote:

      >--- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Walter H. Hunt" <hotc@a...> wrote:
      >

      >>Eric Shultz wrote:
      >>

      >>>The Bucket Game is great, and a lot of people say they
      >>>don't notice the 90 minutes it takes. I do seem to
      >>>notice. Towards the end of the second round, I'm
      >>>ready for the game to end.
      >>>

      >>To be honest, I was done with it about ten minutes in. "Uno with
      >>Buckets" doesn't do anything for me.
      >>

      >I'm curious, Walter, are you playing with the standard rules, or the
      >variant with multiple directions of play?

      No, I only played with the standard rules. But the variable directions
      (I believe that you have to match the number to send play back the way
      it came?) would certainly add some strategy to the play.

      But even with that, I found it pretty uninteresting.

      >All games obviously have this component to them to some extent, but
      >for certain types of games, it is FAR more important than for others.

      Screwage with Buckets, even with some strategy, strikes me as boring
      even so. Not on my buy list.