16319that duration thing again (was Re: Walter H's Top 10 for 2003, so far)

  • Campbell MacInnes
    May 1, 2003
      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Walter H. Hunt" <hotc@a...>
      > Eric Shultz wrote:
      > >The Bucket Game is great, and a lot of people say they
      > >don't notice the 90 minutes it takes. I do seem to
      > >notice. Towards the end of the second round, I'm
      > >ready for the game to end.
      > >
      > To be honest, I was done with it about ten minutes in. "Uno with
      > Buckets" doesn't do anything for me.

      I'm curious, Walter, are you playing with the standard rules, or the
      variant with multiple directions of play?

      I've only played the latter and find the game pretty fun, but have
      heard that playing as per the rules can be quite boring.

      Of course, for me, this is one of those games that ranks high on the
      list of games who's enjoyment is highly dependant on those playing
      (and their attitudes).

      All games obviously have this component to them to some extent, but
      for certain types of games, it is FAR more important than for others.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic