16312Re: [Unity_Games] that duration thing again (was Re: Walter H's Top 10 for 2003, so far)

  • Eric Shultz
    May 1, 2003
      --- "Walter H. Hunt" <hotc@...> wrote:
      > >The "units of gaming fun per minute" measure is an
      > important one for
      > >me,
      > >
      > Boy, that's an Andrewism :-) One can only imagine
      > the instrument used to
      > measure that one.

      The Fun-O-Meter, of course.

      I use the formula F*(Wt/At)

      I multiply the Units of Gaming Fun (F) by the ratio of
      time I want the game to be (Wt) to the time it
      actually takes (At).

      This is why I don't play Royal Turf and a full
      three-round Bucket Game as often. Royal Turf is fun
      for me, but I want the game to be over in 30 minutes
      or so. When it takes more than an hour, it gets
      agonizing.

      The Bucket Game is great, and a lot of people say they
      don't notice the 90 minutes it takes. I do seem to
      notice. Towards the end of the second round, I'm
      ready for the game to end.

      Eric

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic