16091Re: while we're on the subject: SOW?

  • nix342
    Apr 5, 2003
      The hitman Jules (Samuel L. Jackson) frequently quotes "Ezekiel
      25:17" in "Pulp Fiction," but in fact he has greatly altered the
      Bible passage. The actual passage says:

      "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes;
      and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my
      vengeance upon them."

      Here's what Jules says, adding bits from the 23rd Psalm and his own
      rhetoric:

      "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the
      iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he
      who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through
      the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the
      finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with
      great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison
      and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord
      when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

      ....and yeah, I stole this from some webpage somewhere.

      Nick

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Campbell MacInnes"
      <haleon@s...> wrote:
      > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Constantine von Hoffman
      <c@a...>
      > wrote:
      > > OK then, we'll leave your parents out of this...
      > >

      > > This is what happens when the path of the righteous man is beset
      on
      > all
      > > sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil
      men.
      > > ^^^
      >

      > This is what happens when the writer gets lazy...
      >
      > --Campbell
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic