12860Re: [Unity_Games] Question about B20

  • Terry Egan
    Oct 2, 2002
      Steve,

      Rather than go into a long (and very subjective) list
      of games you might want to try, I'd simply recommend
      that you do attend a few B20 sessions. It's a great
      group with a wealth of knowledge about European-style
      or "designer" games. Newbies are very welcome - and
      everyone there is not only willing but usually very
      pleased to teach new games and initiate someone into
      the ranks. In short order, you will have the
      opportunity to try out a great many games and start
      forming your own opinions about them. Just watch out
      for those Magic players upstairs (we generally meet in
      the basement of Cole Hall, beginning around 6:30 or
      7:00 p.m. on Friday nights).

      Hope to see you there.

      -Terry

      --- Steve Meuse <smeuse@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      > I'm a newbie to the list, and was
      > wondering if someone could
      > give me some in-depth information about B20. I live
      > in East Bridgewater, so
      > it's rather convenient for me :)
      > I've been into gaming for as long as I
      > can remember. My family
      > has always played games, with a Sunday ritual of
      > Scat, Yhatzee or Boggle up
      > until the time I was about 15. I started to Play D&D
      > in about '81 or '82
      > when my DM was finally able to read (true story).
      > I've played Axis and
      > Allies and all sorts of other board games. Recently
      > a cousin of mine from
      > England came to visit, he was on his way to a board
      > gaming competition in
      > Baltimore (http://www.boardgamers.org/), he
      > introduced me to Settlers of
      > Catan and I'm hooked. I'm looking to get into some
      > other games, and would
      > love to get some suggestions from people.
      >
      > Looking forward to your responses.
      >
      > -Steve

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic