Help... Please... Piranaha Need a Good Home

  • LindaO
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2012
      My husband loved his Prinanaha... and took very good care of them. There are 6 (I think, one is very shy)... and they are in a HUGE tank. He died suddenly this past Monday... and I'm despirate to find a good home for these fish. I'm really afraid that if somethnig happens to the filtration system on the tank... the fish will not survive. He loved his fish... and I'd like to find them a good home. I am in NE Florida... and am happy to GIVE the tank... food and fish to a good home... but have no idea how to go about this. There are also about 100 tanks that are either active or empty that I'm going to be giving away... also pumps, filters and boxes of stuff... I know the Piranaha came from a store in NJ... and have been here a few years. I do not know what kind of piranaha they are. There are several other fish (fresh water) that need good homes.... and some beautiful tanks. He always kept them in great condition... and they seem to be getting algea right now. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? Thank you for your help!
    • sevenspringss@wmconnect.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2012
        Hi Linds,

        I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. As for the fish and tanks, you
        might try contacting an aquarium society near you. I don't know how close
        these are to you, but there's the Coastal Aquarium Society in Sarasota and then
        Tampa Bay Aquarium Society in Tampa. Since you're in northern Florida
        though, maybe the Atlanta Region Aquarium Society in Georgia is closer to you.

        Ray </HTML>
      • LindaO
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012
          Thank you so much for your reply... I'm actually in St Augustine on the ocean side...I'll call around today and see if there is somewhere here. I did not think of a group. Marine Land is right down the street... and maybe they can point me in the right direction. Whitney Labs is also just down the road. I really just don't want the fish to suffer under my care. Thanks again for the information. I'll also try the Tampa Bay Society (they are only about 4 hours away)... and maybe they know of someone or group here that can assist me.