Re: Frank....Re: [UniQuaria] Chocolate Gourami

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
      On 12/3/2012 10:35 AM, harry perry wrote:
      No but I know we do have hard water. What's the best way to soften it, naturally?.
      You can do water changes using reverse osmosis water. This will help lower the amount of minerals in the system, and lower hardness. Bottled RO water is sometimes available from supermarkets.
      I did put 1 teaspoon of salt in the filter. I was going to build this gradually.I had read this will help with skin issues.
      It's mostly good for nitrite toxicity and ectoparasites, depending upon the concentration of salt in the water. As far as helping with "skin issues", I'm not sure what that means. Can you explain?