RE: [UniQuaria] Name that Fish

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 2, 2012
      Apistogramma?

      To: UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com
      From: ssathre@...
      Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 22:13:29 -0500
      Subject: Re: [UniQuaria] Name that Fish

      A dewarf cichlid?

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 9:24 PM

      On 10/2/2012 3:59 PM, Trevor Holyoak wrote:
      Looks like its name is Frank... ;)
      LOL!

      No, that's not it.
      Come on, someone must know what this fish is.

      Frank

    • donna joanna
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 4, 2012
        The very first time I saw a Killifish in my aquarium, I got goosebumps.    The color and design on those tiny creatures blew me away.     They were a gift I'd just rec'd by mail after I'd joined the American Killifish Association.    That Panchax we're a looking at just reminded me of that singular moment from my past   :-)     Donna Joanna/ Kansas
        On 10/3/2012 8:50 AM, Frank M. Greco wrote:
        O.K., maybe this one was difficult. The correct answer is Laetacara araguaiae, also known as Laetacara cf. curviceps Buckelkopf. This fish has been in the hobby for many years, although it seems not to be very popular, which is unusual for such a colorful and easy to breed dwarf cichlid.

        Let's try another:

        Name that Fish!