Re: [UniQuaria] heater replacement?

  • Tony A
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2012
      Hello Kelly, it looks like those two fish can handle 75 degree or as low as 70 degree water. So depending on where the tank is set up in your house you may not even need a heater. How big is the tank that you have and is it located near an outside wall, meaning is it by a wall where the other side is outside of your house. As for the heater being on a lot one day and not another that could be because the surrounding temp of tank changing due to summer/winter climate changes. When you did the water change was the water warmer then what was in there already? If so then that could be why the heater hasn't come on as much. How old is that heater and what's the manufacture? Some ppl swear by one co why others swear by another... And keep in mind Everytime you unplug your heater and plug it back in you want to give it about 24 hrs to set itself... Good luck and happy keeping.

      60 gallon
      Tiger Oscar, pleco
      Fx5, T5 lighting

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 11, 2012, at 11:35 PM, Kelly grenke <9sportsfreak@...> wrote:

      Hello all,
      for about two weeks now I have had three black skirt tetras and three corydoras. I did my research and both are from south america so it works for me. I know I will gradually increase the numbers I have I just have a question about the aquarium heater. It seems to be real finicky today and yesterday. Yesterday the whole day it just seemed to be on and today it seems to be off all day. I did do a water change today as well but I know I plugged the heater back in.

      =