Re: [UniQuaria] Re: Using Prime...Nitrite still detectable?

  • Painted My QH's
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2011
      I have started a 120 gal tank, put my fish (frontosa's) directly into it, I
      pour the stability right into the filter before they are plugged in and then
      I triple dose daily, never had a spike and the fish were fine and happy. Did
      the same thing with my 40 gal corner tank...

      Lana Bollers
      www.LNThorses.com
      Sturgeon AC Milan
      780-777-4311

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2011
        On 12/31/2011 1:26 PM, Painted My QH's wrote:
        > I have started a 120 gal tank, put my fish (frontosa's) directly into it, I
        > pour the stability right into the filter before they are plugged in and then
        > I triple dose daily, never had a spike and the fish were fine and happy. Did
        > the same thing with my 40 gal corner tank...
        Hi Lana. Good to hear. Like I said, these bacteria products are usually
        hit or miss, but it's good to hear another works as well as the BioSpira.

        Frank
      • Eleonore Hebenstreit
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
          Hi again,

          thanks again for the info.
          Today I purchased Tetra Safe start and just poured it in after a PWC.
          Wow, it looked really cloudy and I think the fish were a little confused ;)
          At the shop Tetra Safe start was the only bottle that really promised
          better result when using it instead writing some vague explanations. I
          also looked for Dr. Tim's one and only but they did not carry it in the
          shop. The nitrite seems not too bad anymore (with at least daily 50% PWC
          it seems to linger around 1 ppm and I think I see some Nitrate coming,
          ammonia seems 0 now)
          So everything starts looking brighter now :)

          Thanks a lot for all the help until now!
          Nora