Re: Tetra's Red Fins

  • feastofsoul13@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2009
      Sounds like you have Areomonas/ Septicema happening in your tank.
      It is a Gram Negative Disease so gram Positive meds wont cure it.
      I just got through a devistating bout of this these last 2 weeks in my
      55 gal. community tank.
      I lost 2 Balloon belly mollies, 3 minnows, 3 Black phantom tetras, and 2
      platties before I found the correct meds.
      Once infected the fishes immune system gets all out of wack so they end
      up with more than one disease at the same time.
      Since treatment of "Kanaplex & Furan-2" all other sick fish recovered..
      Even a danio who had a huge hole in his side.
      They are on their last day of treatment today.
      Meanwhile a rainbowfish in my 75 gal. tank has come down with red
      streaks.
      Septicema once again! so I started the Kanaplex/Furan-2 treatment on
      THAT tank tonight.
      Here is a link you will find Most useful for your Sick fish.
      A real lifesaver!

      Aeromonas, Vibrio, Septicemia, Pop Eye: Treatment & aquarium diagnosis
      http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/Vibrio_Aeromonas.html
      Read also about the medicated baths.
      Mark