Re: [UniQuaria] What to feed CoryCats?

  • Dora Smith
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 12, 2009
      You can order that stuff online; I get many of my fish supplies that way.   Petco, Petsmart, Marine Depot, and others.  I just cna't think of them all offhand.

      Yours,
      Dora Smith
      Austin, TX
      tiggernut24@...
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 12, 2009

        do you have pictures of them.

        I have seven peppered corydora catfish fry in a 2.5 gallon tank. I was
        feeding them (as well as the adults) Hikari Micro Wafers, but all of
        the petstores in my area stopped carrying it. I bought some TetraMin
        Tropical Tablets, but they dirty the tank very quickly even though I
        only break off a little piece for each feeding.

        What do the rest of you use?

        Porn on your PC? Are you sure ? Protect your Job in this volatile market.  Please click the link below:

        http://www.pornterminator.com

        If link above is not clickable, you may need to copy and paste into your browser.
      • Dawn Lewis
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 14, 2009
          We bred some peppered corydoras, 4 in a tiny 10L tank, and just used a
          liquid fry food. When they were big enough we put them in the 3 foot
          tank with the rest of the community and they've thrived! Aren't they
          the cutest?!

          Dawn

        • Ashley O'Dell
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 15, 2009
            Here's a video of them from last month.   They are about four months old.
          • bill1433
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 15, 2009
              Nice vids Ashley!

              What are you feeding the cory fry?

              Bill

              Here's a video of them from last month.   They are about four months old.

            • tammy
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 15, 2009
                watched all your videos.  have questions for you.  how do you get the website for the videos and what are you using for the bubble tubbing thing you have in the tanks.  your tanks are beautiful.

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 17, 2009
                  I wanted a few more and thought it would be a fun way to get them (I
                  already have 3 adults). I started out with 18 and am down to 7. I
                  haven't had any die in a couple of months though, so I think the
                  remaining 7 are going to survive.

                  I've been feeding them Hikari Micro Pellets since I stopped with the
                  TetraMin. I swirl the water around until the pellets sink.

                  --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, bill1433 <warrenprint@...> wrote:

                  > Nice vids Ashley!
                  >
                  > What are you feeding the cory fry?
                  >
                  > Bill
                • Ashley O'Dell
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 17, 2009

                    Thank you!  I put a lot of time and energy into my tanks.  I think it's important for the tanks to look nice.  The fish live longer when the water is clean and clear.  I'm unsure what you mean about the "bubble tubing thing."  There are homemade sponge filters in a couple of the tanks, a top fin round stone under an ornament in the 29 gallon tank, and just a regular stone on the end of airline tubing in the others.  If you are referring to the platy video, that is an underground filter system (I don't recommend it though).

                    As for the website that shows the videos, that's my own personal website.  I bought the domain name (www.mrsashleyodell.com) and designed it mainly to show off my fish.  I uploaded the videos to yahoo video and then embedded them in my site.