Re: [UniQuaria] questions on filter, lights and substrate

  • Lisa Rambo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2008
      I use eco complete in my 55 gal with 2watts light per gallon.  It is virtually maintenance free.  All I do now are water changes twice monthly.  My plants are doing well and fish are happy.  I could'nt recommend anyone do a planted tank without it.
      Lisa.

      Be who you are and say what you feel,
      because those who mind don't matter
      and those who matter don't mind.
      -Dr. Seuss

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2008
         Local guy also said "grow-light" type plant fluorescent
        tubes from the local hardware store are just as good as pricey
        aquarium bulbs. Is this true? (I'm trying to keep to the budget!)

        Yes, I have used them for 30 years.  I see no reason to pay three or four times as much for the same bulb just because there is a fish on the packaging.
                                             Nadine