Re: Why do I not have permission to post?

  • Giancarlo Podio
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
      Theo, there were no changes to the group settings as far as I know.
      Your account was on moderated status which I have now removed you from.
      If the messages were just delayed it may be due to the moderating
      process, if on the other hand messages are being lost I would certainly
      contact Yahoo in regards. I don't see any settings with the group or
      your personal account that would cause this but it wouldn't be the
      first time someone has account problems with the Yahoo system...

      Let us know if the problem continues.
      Giancarlo Podio, LMD

      --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, "Theo Invancouver"
      <theoinvancouver@...> wrote:

      > Can someone tell me why I apparently do not have permission to post
      on this
      > forum? I have posted many times before, albeit intermittently. Has
      there
      > been some kind of policy change and/or erasal of old records? If this
      > problem is happening to me, I wonder how many other people it is
      happening
      > to?
      >
      > Theo

      FREE!

    • Theo Invancouver
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
        Thanks for the insight Giancarlo. I had a post intercepted and received a
        note from someone saying I did not have permission to post; I was rather
        confused - especially in light of my past posts! :)

        Given that the matter seems to have been cleared up, I suppose I will
        continue in my role as an intermittent poster.

        Regards - Theo

        >From: "Giancarlo Podio" <tuvy72@...>
        >To: UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [UniQuaria] Re: Why do I not have permission to post?
        >Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:03:30 -0000
        >
        >Theo, there were no changes to the group settings as far as I know.
        >Your account was on moderated status which I have now removed you from.
        >If the messages were just delayed it may be due to the moderating
        >process, if on the other hand messages are being lost I would certainly
        >contact Yahoo in regards. I don't see any settings with the group or
        >your personal account that would cause this but it wouldn't be the
        >first time someone has account problems with the Yahoo system...
        >
        >Let us know if the problem continues.
        >Giancarlo Podio, LMD
        >
        >--- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, "Theo Invancouver"
        ><theoinvancouver@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Can someone tell me why I apparently do not have permission to post
        >on this
        > > forum? I have posted many times before, albeit intermittently. Has
        >there
        > > been some kind of policy change and/or erasal of old records? If this
        > > problem is happening to me, I wonder how many other people it is
        >happening
        > > to?
        > >
        > > Theo

        > > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's
        >FREE!

      • Giancarlo Podio
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
          That does sound odd, even while moderated one should never receive
          such a message from the system. Do you recall the sender? Perhaps a
          Yahoo hickup..? Either way, there should never be any reason to
          receive such an email from the group.

          I hope it doesn't happen again!

          <theoinvancouver@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the insight Giancarlo. I had a post intercepted and
          received a
          > note from someone saying I did not have permission to post; I was
          rather
          > confused - especially in light of my past posts! :)
          >
          > Given that the matter seems to have been cleared up, I suppose I
          will
          > continue in my role as an intermittent poster.
          >
          > Regards - Theo
          >

          > >From: "Giancarlo Podio" <tuvy72@...>
          > >To: UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [UniQuaria] Re: Why do I not have permission to post?
          > >Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:03:30 -0000
          > >
          > >Theo, there were no changes to the group settings as far as I know.
          > >Your account was on moderated status which I have now removed you
          from.
          > >If the messages were just delayed it may be due to the moderating
          > >process, if on the other hand messages are being lost I would
          certainly
          > >contact Yahoo in regards. I don't see any settings with the group
          or
          > >your personal account that would cause this but it wouldn't be the
          > >first time someone has account problems with the Yahoo system...
          > >
          > >Let us know if the problem continues.
          > >Giancarlo Podio, LMD
          > >
          > >--- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, "Theo Invancouver"
          > ><theoinvancouver@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Can someone tell me why I apparently do not have permission to
          post
          > >on this
          > > > forum? I have posted many times before, albeit intermittently.
          Has
          > >there
          > > > been some kind of policy change and/or erasal of old records?
          If this
          > > > problem is happening to me, I wonder how many other people it is
          > >happening
          > > > to?
          > > >
          > > > Theo

          > > > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today
          it's
          > >FREE!
          > > > http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

          FREE!

        • d3dd@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
            Theo - I rejected a post that appeared as
            a one line statement directing readers
            to an aquarium articles site.

            I rejected with with 'need permission from
            UniQuaria to post what appears to be
            a ad."

            UniQuaria rejects all mail that attempts
            post to the group when it is spam,
            sales, not family friendly, not aquarium
            oriented, with attachments from
            questionable sources..... A lot
            of people join our group, lurk for
            days, week or months then send
            something objectionable - hoping
            they will be able to post. But we
            catch 'em and reject 'em.

            We can work with members in good
            standing who wish to post notices
            of fish reslated interest. And unmoderated members post websites
            and urls to lots of interesting places in
            the online fish world.

            Joanna, LMD
          • Theo Invancouver
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
              Joanna, LMD - I can understand where you are coming from.

              The site I directed the reader to (who was looking for help in setting up a
              new tank), was www.aquarticles.com.

              Take a moment to check out the site. It is rather unusual for several
              reasons. First, it is the largest aquarium article data-base on the
              internet. If you Google "Aquarium articles", you will find Aquarticles comes
              out as the number one hit. Second, Aquarticles is entirely unocommercial.
              Not even one advertisment. The site is actually designed to aid the editors
              of aquarium club newsletters who always seem to be casting about looking for
              new articles to use. It is a family-friendly site.

              Given that I am editor of the site, I suppose I can sometimes be lazy when
              offering advice to other aquarists - I often just refer them to an article
              on the site rather than writing out a long-winded reply.

              That said, I will try to always add a short disclaimer whenever recommending
              the site on UniQuaria.

              Regards - Theo