Re: [UniQuaria] Re: Dealing with 'different' kinds of aquarists

  • Deenerz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2007
      Bakul,

      I think you were replying to myself as well as others.

      I was not comparing fish to dogs but sure fine we can do that if you wish.

      My point was that a Pacu should not be in a 15 gallon tank as it's nose would be pressed at one end of the tank and it's tail at the other.  I am well aware that the Pacu's natural environment is the entire Amazon river basin.  Saw some big ones when I was there last year.

      An adult Pacu will physically be larger than the 15 gallon tank.

      I understand that the Tetras in my 55 gallon tank also originated in a river and that a tank is not the equal to it but much better than a half gallon tank with 10 tetras.

      Mike

      In a message dated 9/17/2007 7:37:25 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, microsurge@... writes:

      What are we talking about? I have been keeping fish since more than 35
      years. I think the aquarists are less sensitive to their pets as
      compared to other pet keepers. If a fish dies no big deal but a dog dies?
      If trying to keep the fish in smaller tank is thought to be cruel than
      the fish keeping hobby on th whole is cruel, if you look at the
      vastness of the natural habitat of the smallest fish.
      I think it is ok even if some one keeps one's fish in a smaller
      container but looks after well (provided that the fish grew up from
      small juvenile size and looks happy).

      - Bakul