Re: [UniQuaria] From dying to tattooing

  • Brian Malinconico
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
      Its my understanding that the main ways they dye fish are
      1) Injection (Of paints latex etc)
      2) ''Dipping"
      3) Lasers

      So I guess we need to add a new note for tattoo guns? It really seems
      like they are just trying to new marketing ploy to make them seem more
      palatable. Either way I feel this new trick may work especially with
      specialty days like valentines days.

      -Brian
      http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/

      Joseph Reid wrote:
      > In the dying process the fish a very unhealthy and prone to fungus. I
      > could just imagine the effects of the tattooing gun. It would remove
      > scales and coat slime which is needed for healthy fish.

    • Melanie
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
        A tattoo gun IS a needle.

        It's actually multiple needles attached to a motor to
        make rapid injections.

        Melanie

        --- Joseph Reid <jrreid3rd1@...> wrote:

        > Well the difference is how it is applied the dyed
        > fish are injected with a needle. The tattoo is done
        > with an actually tattoo gun.

      • Joseph Reid
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
          yes i know that but the some dyeing process is through a syringe needle

          --- Joseph Reid <jrreid3rd1@yahoo. com> wrote:

          > Well the difference is how it is applied the dyed
          > fish are injected with a needle. The tattoo is done
          > with an actually tattoo gun.

          http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ features_ spam.html

          http://tools. search.yahoo. com/shortcuts/ #loc_weather

        • bmp
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
            --- realitybbq <spammy@...> wrote:

            http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=44744&provider=top

            > Now they're tattooing fish! Horrible...

            Yes, horrible indeed! I am surprised the shop owner
            allowed his full name to be in the story. I think he's
            looking to make some money any way he can...

            Beverly

            Peace, please!