Re: [UniQuaria] From dying to tattooing

  • Joseph Reid
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
      In the dying process the fish a very unhealthy and prone to fungus. I could just imagine the effects of the tattooing gun. It would remove scales and coat slime which is needed for healthy fish.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
        Its my understanding that the main ways they dye fish are
        1) Injection (Of paints latex etc)
        2) ''Dipping"
        3) Lasers

        So I guess we need to add a new note for tattoo guns? It really seems
        like they are just trying to new marketing ploy to make them seem more
        palatable. Either way I feel this new trick may work especially with
        specialty days like valentines days.

        -Brian

        Joseph Reid wrote:
        > In the dying process the fish a very unhealthy and prone to fungus. I
        > could just imagine the effects of the tattooing gun. It would remove
        > scales and coat slime which is needed for healthy fish.

      • Melanie
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
          A tattoo gun IS a needle.

          It's actually multiple needles attached to a motor to
          make rapid injections.

          Melanie

          --- Joseph Reid <jrreid3rd1@...> wrote:

          > Well the difference is how it is applied the dyed
          > fish are injected with a needle. The tattoo is done
          > with an actually tattoo gun.

        • Joseph Reid
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
            yes i know that but the some dyeing process is through a syringe needle

            --- Joseph Reid <jrreid3rd1@yahoo. com> wrote:

            > Well the difference is how it is applied the dyed
            > fish are injected with a needle. The tattoo is done
            > with an actually tattoo gun.

            http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ features_ spam.html

            http://tools. search.yahoo. com/shortcuts/ #loc_weather

          • bmp
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
              --- realitybbq <spammy@...> wrote:

              http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=44744&provider=top

              > Now they're tattooing fish! Horrible...

              Yes, horrible indeed! I am surprised the shop owner
              allowed his full name to be in the story. I think he's
              looking to make some money any way he can...

              Beverly

              Peace, please!