RE: [UniQuaria] Re: Water Changes- Temperature

  • Kim Richards
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2007
      The way I do it is I bought a Python hose system and ran the water at the sink until it read the temp I needed than turn the hose side on and ran it into a 50 gallon plastic garbage can I needed than put chlorine remove in it and than put it into the aquarium!

      mike m <mikem499@...> wrote:
      If you are putting five gallons in find or buy a 5-gallon water jug like you put on a water cooler.

      Michael B. Morris

      From: "Kevin" <kevin@colormekevin. com>
      To: UniQuaria@yahoogrou ps.com
      Subject: [UniQuaria] Re: Water Changes- Temperature
      Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:58:58 -0000
      >The only problem with letting it sit Is I usually have to put back
      >about 3 and a half buckets full, I have 2 bucekt that I use, so it
      >would be an all day afair and the spouse get's very angry when things
      >sit out- Othrwise I would. :-)
      >I think I'll try sticking a heater in the bucket.
      >Thanks!
      >

      >--- In UniQuaria@yahoogrou ps.com, "the_enochian_ prince"
      ><angeloflore@ ...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well, I would ask what kind of fish you have. Nevermind, I would
      > > imagine tropical since you mentioned a heater, although you did say
      > > room temp, so that could also mean goldfish like. I know goldfish
      > > like cold water, although you don't want to put the fish in any type
      > > of shock. What's wrong with tap water and some water conditioner?
      > > You can prepare the water and let it sit, go do something and come
      > > back. I mean plan ahead. If that is not an option, and you must put
      > > it in, I would say just slighty add a lil bit at a time. But
      > > planning ahead would be the best thing if warm tap water and water
      > > conditioner is simply not an option. You do know that if water sits
      > > for atleast 24 hours it can also be rid of the harmful chemicals and
      > > metals and stuff right? Oh atleast so I hear.
      > >
      > > Well hopefully this helps. I guess you just gotta be patient and let
      > > it sit, or go the (American) traditional way.
      > >
      > > Faustino
      > >
      > > --- In UniQuaria@yahoogrou ps.com, "Kevin" <kevin@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > OK- I'm sure this is going to end up in the top 10 dumbest question
      > > > asked in the forum, but I have to do it.
      > > >
      > > > Normally, when I change tank water, I get the new wwater to same
      > > > temperature as the tank, and add it in 5 gallons at a time. Well, now
      > > > i'm getting a tap water filter that is going to be hooked up to my
      > > > cold water line, meaning the water is going to be pretty darn cold
      > > > when it gets into the bucket. So my question is, how do other people
      > > > handle this? It will take forever to come up to rom temperature
      > > > (which is still a bit cold) what are other people's solutions?
      > > >
      > > > Should I just add the cold 5 gallons and hop the heater works overtime
      > > > to bring t up quick? Should I get a submersion heater for the
      >buckets?
      > > >
      > > > I know there has to be a practical solution I'm overlooking.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks in advance
      > > >

      >Need help with your website? Go to the individuals we went to for www.UniQuaria. com, the expert team at High Aspirations, Inc. This highly qualified group can do anything and everything to make your website exceed your expectations. Please visit their website at www.highaspirations inc.com.
      >
      >Wish to Unsubscribe? I can't imagine why but if you do, send a message to:
> [...]

      From photos to predictions, The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Melissa Laing
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2007
        If you are only changing 10% or so (I think up to 25%)
        I would think that room temp water would be fine for
        most tropical fish... isn't that the way to trigger
        spawning??? I know that is what has worked for my
        Cherry Barbs, Platys and Corry Doras... Whenever I do
        a water change and the T drops a little they spanw
        (well with the Corries I have to do it 3 days in a
        row).
        Melissa

        http://mail.yahoo.com