RE: [UniQuaria] Oscar with a cut on his face won't heal.....

  • Leslie & Dane
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
      Message
      Melafix is a good cure for open wounds.  I use it anytime a fish has a battle wound of some sort and it seems to have worked each time.  Tell her to look into PimaFix as well but to read the labels carefully.
      Any store that sells fish should have both of these remedies in stock.
      Good luck, =)
      Leslie

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006

        Awesome!  Thank you very much!!!!

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
          I agree, melafix is a great product. It will help get rid of any
          bacteria on the wound, and prevent infection. Primafix is great too
          (it cures and prevents fungus that grows on wounds). I've personally
          used both to heal fish wounds. It's not to much the cut itself that's
          the problem, it's the infection that can appear.

          Also make sure the tank is clean, and the fish is as un-stressed as
          possible. All that together should help your fish heal good as new!