Re: Parasite dip

  • Carol E. Keen
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
      Dear Leslie & Dane Moore,

      I would highly recommend Stop Parasites to treat your fish with. It is natural, gentle, and it WORKS!

      Carol :)

      LMD in MS
    • Leslie & Dane Moore
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
        Message
        Thank you.  I will file this email away for future ref. as well.
        =)
        Leslie

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
          <<I would highly recommend Stop Parasites to treat your fish with. It is
          natural, gentle, and it WORKS! >>

          Carol, does this hot pepper product work on worms?

          Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)--LMD
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
            <<Thank you. I will file this email away for future ref. as well. >>

            BTW, this method will work for just about any medication or vitamin. all you
            need to know is the oral dose. See
            http://www.frankmgreco.com/orally_administered_fish_medicat.htm

            Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)--LMD
          • Leslie & Dane Moore
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
              Message
              Frank,
              You asked about the deworming agent in the pepso, and I am not at all sure.  There is something called nitrofurazone.  Does that ring a bell?  Other than that, it's a bunch of natural occurring things and different types of fish oils.
              Leslie

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
                <<You asked about the deworming agent in the pepso, and I am not at all
                sure. There is something called nitrofurazone. Does that ring a bell?
                Other than that, it's a bunch of natural occurring things and different
                types of fish oils.>>

                So, it is not a dewormer at all. Nitrofurazone is an antibiotic. Yet Jungle
                Labs states "Clears Intestinal Fish Parasites. Special formulation designed
                to be fed to tropical fish showing signs of internal parasites such as
                weight loss or loss of appetite. Great for new fish to ensure digestive
                tracts are free of parasites."

                There must be something else in it that acts as a dewormer.

                Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)--LMD
              • Leslie & Dane Moore
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
                  Message
                  What about sodium sulfathiazole or pantothenate?

                  Those are the only two that don't look like a vitamin or binder of some sort.

                  Leslie

                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
                    <<What about sodium sulfathiazole or pantothenate?>>

                    Antiparasitic (but not against worms) and Vitamin B5, respectively.

                    Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)--LMD