RE: [UniQuaria] Parasite dip

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
      <<I forgot to mention, the Pepso does not have pipzrazine in the ingredient
      list. Do you know what I should look for >>

      What is the deworming agent in it?

      <<The metronidazole (fish-zole) is 250 mg per tablet.>>

      Great! You will want to crush up on 250 mg tablet into a fine powder (the
      finer, the better). Now, the tricky part. I usually add one tablet to 40
      grams of food. You will need to use perhaps 2 grams of food per day at most.
      I think out best bet here is for you to wing it. Take 1/4 of the powdered
      tablet, and add enough water to make a somewhat thick paste. Don't add too
      much water. If it turns out like soup, that's too much water.
      Defrost some frozen mysis shrimp, and place in a fine mesh net. Squeeze out
      all the moisture. You don't want to squash the shrimp, so use just enough
      pressure to remove the moisture from it. Once the shrimp is fairly dry, add
      the metronidazole paste to it, and mix well. Again, don't mash up the
      shrimp. The shrimp should adsorb the metronidazole in the water. Let it sit,
      refrigerated and covered, for at least an hour, after which you can feed it
      to your fish. Feed 2-3 times/day for 7-10 days.

      <<And where do I get frozen mysis?) >>

      Your LFS should have it. Piscine Energetics frozen mysis is what I use, but
      Hikari or San Francisco Bay brad will do was well.

      Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)--LMD
    • Carol E. Keen
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
        Dear Leslie & Dane Moore,

        I would highly recommend Stop Parasites to treat your fish with. It is natural, gentle, and it WORKS!

        Carol :)

        LMD in MS
      • Leslie & Dane Moore
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
          Message
          Thank you.  I will file this email away for future ref. as well.
          =)
          Leslie

          Frank M. Greco (phrankg@optonline. net)--LMD

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
            <<I would highly recommend Stop Parasites to treat your fish with. It is
            natural, gentle, and it WORKS! >>

            Carol, does this hot pepper product work on worms?

            Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)--LMD
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
              <<Thank you. I will file this email away for future ref. as well. >>

              BTW, this method will work for just about any medication or vitamin. all you
              need to know is the oral dose. See
              http://www.frankmgreco.com/orally_administered_fish_medicat.htm

              Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)--LMD
            • Leslie & Dane Moore
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
                Message
                Frank,
                You asked about the deworming agent in the pepso, and I am not at all sure.  There is something called nitrofurazone.  Does that ring a bell?  Other than that, it's a bunch of natural occurring things and different types of fish oils.
                Leslie

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
                  <<You asked about the deworming agent in the pepso, and I am not at all
                  sure. There is something called nitrofurazone. Does that ring a bell?
                  Other than that, it's a bunch of natural occurring things and different
                  types of fish oils.>>

                  So, it is not a dewormer at all. Nitrofurazone is an antibiotic. Yet Jungle
                  Labs states "Clears Intestinal Fish Parasites. Special formulation designed
                  to be fed to tropical fish showing signs of internal parasites such as
                  weight loss or loss of appetite. Great for new fish to ensure digestive
                  tracts are free of parasites."

                  There must be something else in it that acts as a dewormer.

                  Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)--LMD
                • Leslie & Dane Moore
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
                    Message
                    What about sodium sulfathiazole or pantothenate?

                    Those are the only two that don't look like a vitamin or binder of some sort.

                    Leslie

                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
                      <<What about sodium sulfathiazole or pantothenate?>>

                      Antiparasitic (but not against worms) and Vitamin B5, respectively.

                      Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)--LMD