Scholl , Schoal, or .... ?

  • GĂ©rard Gagnon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2006
      Good morning everyone, I encounter often in many book the word Scholl,
      shoal or schoal, I don't find the info on the Webster , what is the
      difference between them, and when to use one instead of the other ?
      thanks

      Gerard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2006
        <<Scholl, shoal or schoal>>

        Shoal is a large group of fish, used to define the group when they are fish
        of different species (a shoal of neons and rummynoses). Otherwise, the word
        school is used (a school of neons).
        I think the other two are just variations on the spelling.

        Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)
        Visit http://www.franksaquarium.com
        The Freshwater Crustacean Farm