Re: [UniQuaria] Hippie the African Clawed Frog

  • Evita
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      Zhara,  I had one years ago along with 2 salamanders.  They did well together.  I called the frog more ugly cute.  I got mine when it was very tiny.  It grew very fast.  It got very fat as well.  I have a feeling that is how they look grown.  One thing though they tend to really want to escape.  Our did several times to it's distruction sad to say.  The last time we couldn't find it in time.  It had gone behind the frig.  I would make sure their is a really good cover and no holes on its home.  Oh my salamanders also grew pretty large.  They were really neat sort of like puppy dogs.  Good luck!  I am considering trying to set up another tank with some salamanders myself.  I am not sure about the frogs because of the escape thing.  Evita

      Zhara Zorgon <zeedeeo@...> wrote:
      Hey all,
      I have a question about frogs, If anyone can answer them. I have an Albino African Clawed Frog, named Hippie. When I bought her, she wasn't skinny, but not fat, either. Now, she's steadily getting very much fatter. I only feed her 3 of the Wardley Reptile Premium Sticks every other night, and only that much because she eagerly grabs them from my hand. She always wants more, too. How much is enough? I tried feeding one stick per night, but she gets confused and looks  around for the other two that I would normally feed her.
      She's very cute, and likes being hand-fed and also likes sitting in my hand when I put it in the water!

      Zhara

      (Also, when she lived in the 29 gallon community tank, she ate 5 of my Guppies, and 3 of my Zebra Danios before I realized what she was doing. Then, she moved into her own 10 gallon with a Betta and 2 Platies.)

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Do you Yahoo!?