white spots on fish and heater

  • mrwilliamson_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31 6:01 PM
      I have a problem. I started a tank with livebearers. (Guppies and
      platys) all the levels are normal I checked and had the LFS check. I
      am losing the fish. There are white dots on some, a band around
      another and the weirdest part the heater looks like it has ick!!! Has
      anyone seen this before. I have treated for ick with Maracide and it
      did not work. I am treating it currently with copper safe and it is
      getting worse. Any Ideas????

      Chris
    • Leo
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
        Hi

        I was using boiled and cooled off water for guppies, a lot of oxygen
        made by long air stones and adding some salt, that was healing guppy.
        They like to stay close to green plants too. I guess it gives them
        something. As I know copper is no good for any fish.

        Leo