sick fish and live plants

  • Leina
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
      Hello everyone. i am new to this group. i am new to fish also. i have
      had a tank for about 6 months now and one turned into 4 (including a
      sick tank) and i love every second of it. i have a problem with one of
      my female guppies and i have her seperated but i am not sure if the
      stuff i am using is helping her. the back of her (before the tail)
      looks as though it has been chewed into. it started with a red sopt and
      i cant seem to find what it may be. i am currently treating her with
      melafix and she is in a tank on her own so other fish dont pick on her.
      any ideas?

      i also was wondering if there is a big benefit in having live plants in
      my tanks. i have a variety of aquatic animals and am trying to fit
      their needs as best possible. i have regular guppies, fancy guppies,
      balloon mollies (my fav), african drawf frogs, firebelly newts, ghost
      shrimp, coolie loach, and algea eaters/bottom feeders (that clean the
      bottom. please excuse my lack of name knowlegde). i have a 20 gallon
      (with the eco foam set up), a 10 galon, 5 gallon, and a 2 gallon for my
      crazy goldfish.

      i love my babies and want to do as best i can. i appreciate any and all
      feedback.
      one more question.. is it true fish that arent in a good tank wont have
      babies or is it out of their control? i hope its true because just
      about all my females are pregnant and i would like to believe i am a
      good fish mama. :) thanks.

      Leina
    • Emily Tenczar

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
          Yes to live plants, not only are they beautiful but the fish are much more healthier and happy.
          Wilma
          http//www.jayscustomcomputers.com/wilma/

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
            thanks Emily. i already went out and bought a few more plants
            tonight.

            Leina

            --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, Emily Tenczar <bababanana@...>
            wrote:

            > I'm not sure about the red spot...but as for live plants, I find
            them extremely beneficial. For one thing, the fish and other
            critters love them. Also, I have 2 tanks of snails, and live plants
            don't last long because the snails eat them. I've noticed that the
            water chemistry is much more consistant in the planted tanks. The
            plants help remove nitrate. However, they can also lower the ph, so
            that's one thing you want to keep an eye on.
            > emily
            >
            > Leina <felix_317@...> wrote:
            > Hello everyone. i am new to this group. i am new to fish also. i
            have
            > had a tank for about 6 months now and one turned into 4 (including
            > sick tank) and i love every second of it. i have a problem with
            one of
            > my female guppies and i have her seperated but i am not sure if
            the
            > stuff i am using is helping her. the back of her (before the tail)
            > looks as though it has been chewed into. it started with a red
            sopt and
            > i cant seem to find what it may be. i am currently treating her
            with
            > melafix and she is in a tank on her own so other fish dont pick on
            her.
            > any ideas?
            >
            > i also was wondering if there is a big benefit in having live
            plants in
            > my tanks. i have a variety of aquatic animals and am trying to fit
            > their needs as best possible. i have regular guppies, fancy
            guppies,
            > balloon mollies (my fav), african drawf frogs, firebelly newts,
            ghost
            > shrimp, coolie loach, and algea eaters/bottom feeders (that clean
            the
            > bottom. please excuse my lack of name knowlegde). i have a 20
            gallon
            > (with the eco foam set up), a 10 galon, 5 gallon, and a 2 gallon
            for my
            > crazy goldfish.
            >
            > i love my babies and want to do as best i can. i appreciate any
            and all
            > feedback.
            > one more question.. is it true fish that arent in a good tank wont
            have
            > babies or is it out of their control? i hope its true because just
            > about all my females are pregnant and i would like to believe i am
            > good fish mama. :) thanks.
            >
            > Leina
            >

            > Need help with your website? Go to the individuals we went to for
            www.UniQuaria.com, the expert team at High Aspirations, Inc. This
            highly qualified group can do anything and everything to make your
            website exceed your expectations. Please visit their website at
            www.highaspirationsinc.com.

            > Wish to Unsubscribe? I can't imagine why but if you do, send a
            message to:

            > Aquarium coffee table Aquarium table Banana fish
            Fish oil Fish oil supplement Fish pond liner

            Service.

          • Leina
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
              thanks Wilma.