Re: Eggs have appeared on the sides of my aquarium

  • Mona
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2006
      hi what snails are in your tank?

      --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, Allison <allisonquest@...> wrote:

      > I just noticed dozens of clear/white eggs clinging to the sides of
      my 55 gal
      > tank. The only non-livebearing fish I have in the tank are three
      Cory Cats
      > and 8 Danios. These eggs weren't there last night. I did see one
      of the
      > smaller Corys chasing the larger Cory around the tank last night.
      >
      > Is there anything I should or can do to try to protect these
      eggs? Would
      > they most likely have already been fertilized by the male?
      >
      > Any help would be very much appreciaed.
      >
      > Karima

    • Allison
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 28, 2006
        Yes, but not overly large.

        What should I do with the eggs?

        Thank you.

        Karima

        On 2/28/06, Bob Brinsfield <bobbrins@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        Sounds like cory eggs to me. Did you recently do a big water change?

        I just noticed dozens of clear/white eggs clinging to the sides of my 55 gal tank.  The only non-livebearing fish I have in the tank are three Cory Cats and 8 Danios.  These eggs weren't there last night.  I did see one of the smaller Corys chasing the larger Cory around the tank last night.

        Is there anything I should or can do to try to protect these eggs?  Would they most likely have already been fertilized by the male?

        Any help would be very much appreciaed.

        Karima

        Need help with your website? Go to the individuals we went to for www.UniQuaria.com, the expert team at High Aspirations, Inc. This highly qualified group can do anything and everything to make your website exceed your expectations. Please visit their website at www.highaspirationsinc.com.

        Aquarium coffee table Aquarium table Banana fish
        Fish oil Fish oil supplement Fish pond liner

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • MLR299
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 28, 2006
          Do you have any ramshorn snails in the tank? If so, it could be from them.

          Bob Brinsfield <bobbrins@...> wrote:
          Hi,

          Sounds like cory eggs to me. Did you recently do a big water change?

          I just noticed dozens of clear/white eggs clinging to the sides of my 55 gal tank.  The only non-livebearing fish I have in the tank are three Cory Cats and 8 Danios.  These eggs weren't there last night.  I did see one of the smaller Corys chasing the larger Cory around the tank last night.

          Is there anything I should or can do to try to protect these eggs?  Would they most likely have already been fertilized by the male?

          Any help would be very much appreciaed.

          Karima

          Yahoo! Mail

        • Allison
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1 6:55 AM
            I don't have any snails in the tank.  Just Platties, Dainos and Corys . . . and one lonely Swordtail.

            I transferred the eggs to a (not sure what to call it) net enclosed box inside the tank.

            I guess I will just wait and see if anything develops.

            Karima

            On 2/28/06, Mona <marilu2410@...> wrote:
            hi what snails are in your tank?
          • Bob Brinsfield

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1 4:30 PM

                I found this on Cory cats, hope it helps.
                Sissy

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 1 6:31 PM
                    Thank you Sissy.  This is very helpful.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 2 9:40 PM
                      A good source of information is Planet Catfish. For this particular
                      issue see:
                      <http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8726>

                      Sorry, I don't know how to activate the link

                      Cheri
                    • Lois
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 3 4:16 AM
                        Cheri,
                        To activate the link, just click on it. This is a
                        good one.
                        Lois,LMD
                        Ohio,USA