White stringy things from top of aerator

  • tacotac@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hello,

      I just cleaned my aquarium not too long ago and last night I noticed from the top of the aerator, there is like white stringy, maybe web like things coming out from under the top of the cap on top of the aerator. I don't think it is any type of algae. It is not green in anyway. What could it be? I know I used a q-tip to clean that part, maybe cotton strands, but I thought I had rinsed it off thoroughly, and hadn't noticed anything on it when I had put it back in. Any clue? Thanks.

      -Tiffany