Re: [UniQuaria] NEED HELP FAST!

  • Will
    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 3, 2005
      I ordered the food from Petsmart and then found out they do have it in the store. I bought I bottle and brought it home. Its pellets and it is to big for my fish to eat. I thought it would be flake food. It didn't say it was a pelleted form. I tried soaking them and then feeding them but they are still to big for my fish to get ahold of. I am going to see if I can return the 4 that I ordered from Petsmart. I need to find a flake form so my fish will eat it. I don't know where I am going to find one.

      Will Cronk
      Fenton MI 48430
    • L Heintzelman
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 3, 2005
        <<I need to find a flake form so my fish will eat it. I don't know where I am going to find one.>>

        Why not just crush it into a flaky powder?  I crush some of my pellets in order for some of the smaller fish to be able to eat it.

        LH

      • Sue Parks
        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 3, 2005
          Message
          Crush them with a spoon and pan.

          Sue Parks ~AB~DLE~

          Nothing satisfies a longing

          like a Dachshund.

          I ordered the food from Petsmart and then found out they do have it in the store. I bought I bottle and brought it home. Its pellets and it is to big for my fish to eat. I thought it would be flake food. It didn't say it was a pelleted form. I tried soaking them and then feeding them but they are still to big for my fish to get ahold of. I am going to see if I can return the 4 that I ordered from Petsmart. I need to find a flake form so my fish will eat it. I don't know where I am going to find one.

          Will Cronk
          Fenton MI 48430

        • Leslie & Dane Moore
          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 3, 2005
            Message
            can you crush the pellets?  that works well for my smaller fish.

          • saphiresprincess@aol.com
            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 4, 2005
              In a message dated 12/4/2005 11:30:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, tirlith@... writes:
              <<I need to find a flake form so my fish will eat it. I don't know where I am going to find one.>>

              Why not just crush it into a flaky powder?  I crush some of my pellets in order for some of the smaller fish to be able to eat it.

              ALSO I soak them in evian water until they are puffed up and very soft, then you can easily break them into very small bite sized peices.  You don't need much water, and I pour the water they were soaked in into the tank to make sure all the antibiotics or antifungal meds is not wasted.
              Brenda