Re: New pleco won't eat

  • Giancarlo Podio
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 7, 2005
      Wilma, do let us know when these become available for shipping, I too
      wouldn't mind picking a few up for a new tank. You wouldn't by any
      chance have any veil finned ancistrus would you?

      Thanks
      Giancarlo Podio

      --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, "Wilma Duncan" <omb00726@m...>

      Date: 09/28/05

      > Need help with your website? Go to the individuals we went to for
      www.UniQuaria.com, the expert team at High Aspirations, Inc. This
      highly qualified group can do anything and everything to make your
      website exceed your expectations. Please visit their website at
      www.highaspirationsinc.com.

      > Wish to Unsubscribe? I can't imagine why but if you do, send a
      message to:

      fish
      > Fish oil Fish oil supplement Fish pond liner

      of Service.

      09/28/05

    • Kai Wen Lee
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 8, 2005
        Thanks to all who offered suggestions. I rubber-banded
        a piece of cucumber to a stone last night. When I
        checked it this morning it didn't look like it had
        been touched. However, when I peeked in this
        afternoon, the pleco was hanging off it having a grand
        time, and they've been nearly inseparable all day. I
        know I shouldn't leave vegetable matter in the tank
        too long, but he seems to be so enjoying himself, I
        hate to take it away.

        It's so cute watching him hanging upside down sucking
        on the bottom side. Makes me want to stick my finger
        in the tank and scratch his belly, but something tells
        me he wouldn't be too amused.

        Cal Culver,
        Taiwan
      • Lois
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 8, 2005
          Cal,
          I always pat my plecos when I am changing the water or
          redoing the tank. As long as they know you are there
          it probably won't startle them. Just try every so
          often and he is bound to get tame as a kitten, sooner
          or later.
          I am glad yours likes his veggies. Some time he might
          take the veggie from your hand--it may take years for
          that. Have fun with him.
          Lois,LMD
          Ohio,USA

          > It's so cute watching him hanging upside down
          > sucking
          > on the bottom side. Makes me want to stick my finger
          > in the tank and scratch his belly, but something
          > tells
          > me he wouldn't be too amused.
          >
          > Cal Culver,
          > Taiwan

        • Wilma Duncan
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 8, 2005
            They will be ready to ship in two weeks. I can ship now but have ordered heat packs, so when these arrive I will begin shipping. I don't have any of the veil finned ones as of now. Maybe later.
            Wilma

            Date: 09/28/05

            >   Need help with your website? Go to the individuals we went to for
            www.UniQuaria.com, the expert team at High Aspirations, Inc. This
            highly qualified group can do anything and everything to make your
            website exceed your expectations. Please visit their website at
            www.highaspirationsinc.com.

            >   Wish to Unsubscribe? I can't imagine why but if you do, send a
            message to:

            fish
            >         Fish oil  Fish oil supplement  Fish pond liner

            of Service.

            09/28/05

          • Wilma Duncan
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 8, 2005
              Lauren, email me privately.
              Wilma

              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 9, 2005
                I realize I am joining this conversation kind of late, sorry! I
                have an albino BN pleco and I love him to pieces!! He is very
                active, out and about and is a good worker. He also gets along well
                in the community tank. His favorite thing to eat is zucchini (he
                doesn't like potato, lettuce, or cucumber) as well as grabbing a
                shrimp pellet from the loaches once in a while :) If you can get
                one from Wilma I highly recommend them (and her!).

                Rebecca

                --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, Lois <Biglo@r...> wrote:

                > Wilma,
                > How awesome~! I have never seen an albino bristle
                > nose pleco. Could you get a picture for us?
                > Lois,LMD
                >
                > --- Wilma Duncan <omb00726@m...> wrote:
                >
                > > Try, some earthworm sticks or shrimp pellets. They
                > > do love veggies, but do require some meat in their
                > > diet. Also make sure you have driftwood in the tank.
                > > This is a diet I feed mine and I must be doing
                > > something right as I have around 200 hundred baby
                > > albino bristlenose plecos in the past two months.
                > > Wilma

              • Wilma Duncan
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 9, 2005
                  I totally agree as I never knew how much fun they were to have in a tank. I have kept the brown and raised many of their fry, but the albinos are my favorite. Yes they sure do love zucchini and thank you for the nice comment.
                  Wilma
                  I realize I am joining this conversation kind of late, sorry!  I
                  have an albino BN pleco and I love him to pieces!!  He is very
                  active, out and about and is a good worker.  He also gets along well
                  in the community tank.  His favorite thing to eat is zucchini (he
                  doesn't like potato, lettuce, or cucumber) as well as grabbing a
                  shrimp pellet from the loaches once in a while :)  If you can get
                  one from Wilma I highly recommend them (and her!).

                  Rebecca

                  --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, Lois <Biglo@r...> wrote:

                  > Wilma,
                  > How awesome~!  I have never seen an albino bristle
                  > nose pleco.  Could you get a picture for us?
                  > Lois,LMD
                  >
                  > --- Wilma Duncan <omb00726@m...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Try, some earthworm sticks or shrimp pellets. They
                  > > do love veggies, but do require some meat in their
                  > > diet. Also make sure you have driftwood in the tank.
                  > > This is a diet I feed mine  and I must be doing
                  > > something right as I have around 200 hundred baby
                  > > albino bristlenose plecos in the past two months.
                  > > Wilma

                • Sue Parks
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 10, 2005
                    Message
                    Wilma,
                    Anyone who takes the time to talk with you and email you will know that you are a wonderful person and very willing to help those of us who "desperately" need it.  :>)))

                    Sue Parks ~AB~DLE~

                    Nothing satisfies a longing

                    like a Dachshund.

                    I totally agree as I never knew how much fun they were to have in a tank. I have kept the brown and raised many of their fry, but the albinos are my favorite. Yes they sure do love zucchini and thank you for the nice comment.
                    Wilma
                    I realize I am joining this conversation kind of late, sorry!  I
                    have an albino BN pleco and I love him to pieces!!  He is very
                    active, out and about and is a good worker.  He also gets along well
                    in the community tank.  His favorite thing to eat is zucchini (he
                    doesn't like potato, lettuce, or cucumber) as well as grabbing a
                    shrimp pellet from the loaches once in a while :)  If you can get
                    one from Wilma I highly recommend them (and her!).

                    Rebecca

                    --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, Lois <Biglo@r...> wrote:

                    > Wilma,
                    > How awesome~!  I have never seen an albino bristle
                    > nose pleco.  Could you get a picture for us?
                    > Lois,LMD
                    >
                    > --- Wilma Duncan <omb00726@m...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Try, some earthworm sticks or shrimp pellets. They
                    > > do love veggies, but do require some meat in their
                    > > diet. Also make sure you have driftwood in the tank.
                    > > This is a diet I feed mine  and I must be doing
                    > > something right as I have around 200 hundred baby
                    > > albino bristlenose plecos in the past two months.
                    > > Wilma

                  • Wilma Duncan
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 10, 2005
                      Message
                      Thanks Sue, I try to help, most of my knowledge comes from observation in this hobby and by others who have did the same and shared what they have learned. I know this much, if you love this hobby, you will learn a great deal.
                      Wilma

                      I totally agree as I never knew how much fun they were to have in a tank. I have kept the brown and raised many of their fry, but the albinos are my favorite. Yes they sure do love zucchini and thank you for the nice comment.
                      Wilma
                      I realize I am joining this conversation kind of late, sorry!  I
                      have an albino BN pleco and I love him to pieces!!  He is very
                      active, out and about and is a good worker.  He also gets along well
                      in the community tank.  His favorite thing to eat is zucchini (he
                      doesn't like potato, lettuce, or cucumber) as well as grabbing a
                      shrimp pellet from the loaches once in a while :)  If you can get
                      one from Wilma I highly recommend them (and her!).

                      Rebecca

                      --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, Lois <Biglo@r...> wrote:

                      > Wilma,
                      > How awesome~!  I have never seen an albino bristle
                      > nose pleco.  Could you get a picture for us?
                      > Lois,LMD
                      >
                      > --- Wilma Duncan <omb00726@m...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Try, some earthworm sticks or shrimp pellets. They
                      > > do love veggies, but do require some meat in their
                      > > diet. Also make sure you have driftwood in the tank.
                      > > This is a diet I feed mine  and I must be doing
                      > > something right as I have around 200 hundred baby
                      > > albino bristlenose plecos in the past two months.
                      > > Wilma

                    • Sue Parks
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 10, 2005
                        Message
                        Well I for one can't wait to get my babies from you.  I think they are so unique and cute.