Cabomba aquarium requirments

  • andrew davis
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      Well, the two Cabomba varieties (Caroliniana and the aquatica) tried
      outside seem to have got going on a warm sunny waterlily pond quite well.

      With winter approaching, I'd be curious to hear what sort of tips may
      be useful about growing them indoors, as I'm a bit limited on aquarium
      keeping (waterlilies are the usual foible)

      At best I can muster two strip lights just over them, the objective
      being to Winter indoors a few sprigs out of curiosity, along with some
      of the multitude of guppies raised in the ponds outdoors

      Regards, andy
      adavisus(at)aol.com
      http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html
      ----------------------------oo--------------------------------
    • Giancarlo Podio
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
        Of all the cabomba species these two are among the less demanding so
        you shouldn't have too much problem with them. If you do have problems,
        let them float so they are closer to the lighting and have access to
        CO2 from the air, they usually do very well on the surface. I also keep
        many plants in sealed plastic containers in front of a window with
        about an inch or two of tank water, the lid keeps in the moisture and
        allows the plant to grow out of the water as it would in nature.

        Hope that helps
        Giancarlo Podio, LMD

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
          Hi Andy. IME, both require a good amount of light. Otherwise, they get
          "leggy" and pale.

          Frank M. Greco (phrankg@...)
          Visit http://www.franksaquarium.com
          The Freshwater Crustacean Farm