Expecting a bacterial bloom

  • Leslie
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      Message
      A friend brought some fish to trade today.  She took one chichlid, the lone inhabitor of the tank, and gave me 5 small fish which are now in the same tank the 1 fish was in.  So I'm thinking I can expect a bacterial bloom.  Is this about right?  And if this does happen, is there anything I should do before or during?  I don't have anywhere else to put the fish.  I tried to stick a larger (2.5") into the 75 but the blood parrot made an instant b-line for the poor guy.
      I know if I place any others, all smaller than 2.5", he'll munch them.
      So again, anything I should/can do about the future bloom?  Might it not even happen?

      Leslie
    • MSANNW