Danios back into tank?

  • Leslie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2005
      Message
      One more question today:

      My danios are still very red on the fins, all fins.  They are acting fine, eating, etc...  The mouth fungus or whatever that bacteria strain was is no longer present on either danio.  Is it safe to put them back into the main tank?  I worry about the redness but it isn't going away.  Could it just be stress?

      Leslie
    • Nancy Wells
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2005
        Message

        Hi Leslie,

        IMO, if the fins are red, then they still have some kind of infection.  I don’t remember...  did you treat them with an antibiotic?  I would keep the Danios quarantined (and the water extra clean) until they are completely well for 3 weeks.  That’s just me... ... I like to play it safe.  Hope all goes well.

        Nancy