Re: overnight shipping methods

  • Scott Scheibe
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
      I've never shipped anything live but we ship sewing machine parts
      all the time at work. Both UPS and Fex have their good and bad points. If
      you want to beat the hell out of what ever your shipping, send it
      UPS... They can't seem to deliver anything with out using it as a football
      or running it over, BTW they never admit to being at fault for damage, it
      is ALWAYS a packing problem with them.. Fex doesn't go a lot of small
      places, pretty much only to large cities.. Their website is a pain in the
      rear.

      D. Scott Scheibe
      <mailto:dsscheibe@...>
      <http://home.earthlink.net/~dsscheibe/>
    • Betty Goetz
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
        --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, Scott Scheibe <dsscheibe@e...> wrote:
        > Fex doesn't go a lot of small places, pretty much only to large
        cities.. Their website is a pain in the rear.

        Hummmm....maybe FedEx has changed their tracking info on their
        website. I did have some Dario dario and some gouramis sent to me last
        year via FedEx from two different vendors, and both shipments went
        smooth as silk. I could tell via the tracking number exactly where it
        was in the system by checking on-line, knew when it arrived in
        Seattle, knew when it arrived at my local substation where I'd asked
        to have it held and picked it up at opening time! I suppose if I did
        this weekly, I'd have some mixups or problems.

        I do enough with USPS to know I'd never trust fish in that system. At
        least two packages (out of roughly 30-40 per month) go missing monthly
        or are delayed. Luckily, these are not live animals/plants, so nothing
        DIES due to mishandling.

        Betty Goetz