Eclipse 6

  • Bob Brinsfield
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
      Message
      Hey all,

      The problem was indeed the impeller. I had ordered a new one right away. It arrived today and its working again. Is that normal for these units to need a new impeller that quickly? I've got 30 year old filters that I've never changed the impeller on.
    • Deenerz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
        I have one up and running for about 2 1/2 years and no problems yet.  Now I am wondering if I should stock up on them.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
          Message
          One good thing. The fish don't seem to be bothered at all. And my plants look like they'll come back.

           I have one up and running for about 2 1/2 years and no problems yet.  Now I am wondering if I should stock up on them.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
            On Thursday, June 2, 2005, at 04:38 AM, UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > Is that normal for these units to need
            > a new impeller that quickly?

            I've not used the Eclipse 6, but I have 8 Eclipse tanks, from 1-3 years
            old now, and have only had to replace one impeller because I bent the
            shaft while putting it together wrong (it was jammed at an angle and
            stupid me didn't realize it). Even then it worked ok, but was noisy,
            so I replaced it, and kept the bent one as a backup that has not been
            needed (since I'm more careful now about reassembling them after
            cleaning!).

            Diane Brown in St. Louis

            http://www.well.com/user/debunix/fish/fishIndex.html
            Member AKA/SLAKA/SAA/MASI