Rhinogobius wui - Gobidae

  • Bryan G. Stevens
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 1996
      Hi,

      I am hoping that someone reading this
      will be able to assist me. I have a
      breeding pair of Rhinogobius wui gobies.
      They have spawned, laid eggs and as of
      last week the eggs hatched. I was so
      excited! Well, the only information
      that I had was from the Baensch Atlas
      which stated that they eat artemia.
      There was approximately 30 of these
      cuties, anyway I fed them the artemia,
      they didn't eat. I tried them on green
      water and RPR poweder and they didn't
      eat. Within 3 days they all died. I am
      really heartbroken over this and just do
      not understand what was wrong.

      If anyone has any information that will
      help in the eventuality of hopefulness
      that they spawn again, please let me
      know.

      My husband and I have 18 tanks and have
      successfully spawned Pseudotropheus
      Saulosi cichlids, Blue Gouramis, Colis Chuna
      gouramis (honey gouramis), Trichogaster leeri
      (Pearl gouramis), Appistogramma
      cacautoides, Haplichromis Lafalili and assorted
      livebearers.

      Most of our tanks are planted and
      through much research have been
      successful with the plant propagation.
      We have a 75 gallon, 55 gallon, 37
      gallon, 3 - 29 gallon tanks and the rest
      are smaller down to a 2 1/2 gallon tank.

      Anyway, I would be very interested in
      communicating with others regarding my
      above problem or other fish.

      Cheryl