Re: [UniQuaria] Want to do it right...HELP!

  • d3dd@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 1, 2005
      Sounds like a good mix.
      One question - do you want the
      Platy or Swordtails for their color
      or because they will have babies?

      I don't see Rummy Nose very
      often. You could wait for months
      and then suddenly find them and
      bring them home.

      If you enjoy an excuse to visit the
      fish store you could hold off on
      buying all your fish now. A few
      Marble Hatchet fish would add some
      extra interest because they love
      skating just under the water's surface.
      They bring the viewer's eyes to
      the top of the tank (your Neons and
      Von Rios will live mostly the middle)

      You might like the cute little Otocinclus-
      tiny little algae eaters. They love
      the company of other Otos. This
      is another kind of fish to add
      interest for the viewers - one never
      knows where the little guys will be
      hanging out - glass wall, underside of
      a leaf, poking around on the gravel.
      And they will clean all surfaces of the
      light brownish algae that often covers
      glass and onaments.

      A black or blue or white Mystery Snail
      also offers visual interest. OR, how
      about a couple of tiny Dwarf African
      Frogs. Petsmart always seems to
      have them. They add lots of
      good viewing :-)

      I like a tank with lots of different
      behaviors going on. I like Tetras but
      I think I might get bored watching them
      just swim back and forth for years :-)

      Joanna, LMD
    • Stanley Radzewicz
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 1, 2005
        Rummynose:

        http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=901

        --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, MSANNW <msannw@y...> wrote:
        > Joanna
        >
        > Those are the tetras, the Orange Von Rio Tetras. Will they work
        well with my neons? What other fish will they work with since I am
        going with a community tank? I would love to find some rummy nose
        tetras but cant find any in my area. Petsmart carried them once and
        havent gotten them back in since.

        > Here is what I have thought of putting in this tank, tell me if you
        think they will work together...
        > neon tetras (6)
        > Orange Von Rio Tetras (6)
        > female betta (1)
        > Micky Mouse play or swordtail (2 or 3)
        >
        > Ann
        >

        > d3dd@w... wrote:
        >
        > Ann - what Orange Tetra caught your
        > eye at Petsmart?
        > I have seen some quietly attractive
        > Orange Von Rio Tetras.
        >
        > My Petsmart also carries a Dwarf
        > Platy. It is a strong red/orange
        > and does stay small. I like small
        > fish cause I can keep more of them
        > in my tank :-)
        >
        > Joanna. LMD
        >

        > Need help with your website? Go to the individuals we went to for
        www.UniQuaria.com, the expert team at High Aspirations, Inc. This
        highly qualified group can do anything and everything to make your
        website exceed your expectations. Please visit their website at
        www.highaspirationsinc.com.