RE: [UniQuaria] Help setting up 55 gal Amazon tank

  • Richard Bunn
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
      Paula

      Sand would be more correct for an amazon setup than gravel, provided the
      filter inlets aren't too close to it. You can still use the flourite with
      it. Silver Sand is ideal and you can even use playpit sand.

      You would be better off keeping angels in a group & five would be ideal.
      Gouramis are asian, not south american, so if you want to be biotypically
      correct leave them out. Larger characins would be better such as emporer
      tetras or rummy nosed.

      Corydoras are best kept in groups so get five or six of the same species for
      really nice shoaling activity.

      Try and keep to a small plec such as a bristlenose as they don't grow too
      big.

      If you want a nice planted tank then don't use an undergravel filter, the
      plants don't like the water movement around their roots, besides it won't
      work with sand.

      Regards
      Richard

      Fair or foul? Find out at MSN Weather! http://www.msn.ie/weather