Re: [UniQuaria] Re: Plant ID

  • Billijean S. Hobson
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
      good picture, cool plant, can't wait to see the bloom.

      I'm looking for nesting/fry grass or ferns, any suggestions.

      Giancarlo Podio wrote:

      Hard to tell, it also resembles an Echinodorus Rubin, perhaps the
      narrow leaf version. Either way, no better time than now to find out,
      the flower should tell us what it is. The E. Rubin has white petal-
      like flowers, the A. abyssinicus has pink stalk-like flowers (sorry
      for the bad terminology :-) )

      Giancarlo Podio, LMD

      --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, "Nimish Mathur" <nimmat4@y...>

      www.highaspirationsinc.com.

      > Wish to Unsubscribe? I can't imagine why but if you do, send a
      message to:

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129hfv19l/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117
      6/D=gr

      oups/S=1705417564:HM/EXP=1109566818/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:
      /www.n
      > etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here
      >

      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=
      > :HM/A=2593423/rand=342269743>
      >

      >   _____
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!

      Need help with your website? Go to the individuals we went to for www.UniQuaria.com, the expert team at High Aspirations, Inc. This highly qualified group can do anything and everything to make your website exceed your expectations. Please visit their website at www.highaspirationsinc.com.

      Billijean S. Hobson

      Note: The information contained in this message and any attachments may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone at (877) 731-5464 or return email.  Thank you. MAXimize

    • Giancarlo Podio
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1 8:06 AM

        wrote:
        > Will,
        >

        > Looks like Aponogeton abyssinicus. Can you get a closeup of the
        flower? I am
        > not very good at IDing plants but Giancarlo and Frank are the best,
        so wait
        > for them before we jump to final conclusions.
        >

        > Nim
        >

        > _____

      • Dorothy
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1 5:07 PM
          After about a year, our cories in one tank are getting sick. Their symptoms
          are basically orientation - their tummies begin to float and they swim or
          lie upside down. We've had others in another tank for 4 years with no problems.

          Any suggestions? We've lost 2 already and about 3 others look sick this
          way. We have 9 neons in the tank and I think we lost one to it a while ago
          but they don't look sick now. It is a 30 gallon tank and not overcrowded.
          The tank has java ferns as well as plastic plants. I change about 20% of
          the water every other week and have not used any disease treatments. The pH
          is about 7 and the nitrates are usually a little high, about 20, but our
          water starts out with some. I use Neutral Regulator to bring the pH to 7
          and remove chloramines; it is off the charts out of the tap.

          Thanks,
          Dorothy