Re: [UniQuaria] Hazy/cloudy water

  • Richard Bunn
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2005
      Is it a fairly new tank? Cloudy water in a new tank is pretty much
      guaranteed. It's a bacterial bloom & will clear up within 2-3 weeks
      normally. Don't go adding any chemicals such as accuclear.

      Regards
      Richard

      >From: Tom Reagin <tgreagin@...>
      >To: UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [UniQuaria] Hazy/cloudy water
      >Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 05:16:24 -0800 (PST)
      >

      >Could this be an algae bloom, imbalance of nutrients
      >including light. Test water for nitrates, phosphates,
      >potassium, iron, CO2...My advice, but I don't have all
      >those test kits...I'd just see what nitrates were and
      >reduce lighting (or Black out tank for 3 days.)
      >Criticism welcome!
      >
      >Yours
      >
      >TomR
      >**** A clean tank is a dead tank, in my opinion.
      >
      >Very True.
      >

      > > Would anyone have any suggestions or ideas about
      > > what I might be
      > > overlooking or anything else I can try?
      > >
      > > Any help will be appreciated.
      >

      >=====
      >Thomas G. Reagin, O.D.
      >104 Church Street
      >Decatur, GA 30030
      >
      >Voice (404)378-3694
      >Fax (404)373-0741

      >Yahoo! Mail - 250MB free storage. Do more. Manage less.
      >http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      >

      >Need help with your website? Go to the individuals we went to for
      >www.UniQuaria.com, the expert team at High Aspirations, Inc. This highly
      >qualified group can do anything and everything to make your website exceed
      >your expectations. Please visit their website at
      >www.highaspirationsinc.com.
      >
      >Wish to Unsubscribe? I can't imagine why but if you do, send a message to:
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Rain, shine, sleet or snow? Find out at MSN Weather!
      http://www.msn.ie/weather
    • Kathy Morris Ireland
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
        --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, Tom Reagin <tgreagin@y...> wrote:

        Thanks, Tom, I appreciate the reply. I don't have all those kits
        either, but will make the investment and do some testing. Will start
        with 3 days of no light, and I hadn't thought about that issue at
        all. My mom has a bad habit of turning the light on at 8 am and it
        might be on until I get home 12 hours later. I hope it is something
        this easy to fix.
      • Kathy Morris Ireland
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
          Thanks for the reply. Tank is not new. I have gotten a few fresh
          ideas to try out without the use of any chemicals and am hoping to
          see clear water soon.

          Kathy