Re: [UniQuaria] Re: Thanks and Follow-up Questions

  • Giancarlo Podio
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
      Oh.... that IS bigger than I was thinking. Still, I used 4 platties to cycle
      the last 90 gallon I setup. Tank cycled very well in around 20 days, nothing
      else was done to the tank as I only visited it once a week for the first 6
      months, now it's down to once every 2 months for water change and pruning.
      Having more fish will increase the magnitude (and danger) of the ammonia and
      nitrite spikes but does little as far as actually speeding up the cycling
      process. Patience... or absence, is a great help :-)

      Giancarlo Podio, LMD