RE: [UniQuaria] color discrimination and test kits

  • Nimish Mathur
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 2, 2005

      <You mean every time my wife and I read a different value she's right??>

      Rite, now the thread is really getting scary. My other half also never agrees on the readings that I take and for some reason it always coincided with the electronic meters. Now, I am going to be offline for a few days until this thread is over J

      Nim

    • radzewicz@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 2, 2005
        i don't know, Tom, I've really been trying to read the difference
        between those shades of magenta in that nitrate test chart and the
        tube looks to me as if it could match any of them, so its not for
        lack of trying. Its not like I can't find my car in the morning but
        those charts differ only in shade and its tough nailing down the
        matching square.

        Stan

      • Iksnip@aol.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 2, 2005
          agreed Stan, at least I am happy that i am not the only one with this problem.

          Ken
        • Richard Bunn
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 2, 2005
            Stan

            I think it is actually possible. I have a friend who is an optician & I'm
            sure I can remember him once saying that a mans colour blindness can vary,
            it's not all or nothing. I suffer from a slight problem in the red
            spectrum, I can't distinguish when things are a pinker shade of red or a
            slight orange shade of red or even true red. A real pain with the nitrate
            tests!!! but seeing as all red isn't good I just make sure it's orange or
            less.

            Regards
            Richard

          • Tom Reagin
            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 3, 2005
              I find the nitrate the most difficult to determine, my
              wife might be a little bit better, but she wishes I
              would loose a few aquariums.

              TomR

              http://my.yahoo.com