eclipse leak

  • hiphopdjdecal
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
      i have a problem with my eclipse hood always leaking in the back.
      its an overflow of something but i dont know what it is or where its
      coming from. if any has experienced this and knows how to fix this
      annoying problem please let me know. thanks

      ryan
    • AuntieFran@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        Ryan, I had the same thing happen -- not once but twice -- before I figured it was the filter overflowing after I'd replaced the tank I thought was leaking. (Not a problem -- now I have another tank :)

        My problem was that the filter needed to be replaced - just the blue sponge filter. It had been rinsed and rinsed and rinsed so many times that I suppose rinsing just wasn't doing the job any more. Some times my frugal fishkeeping methods create problems :)

        Good luck with yours!

        --
        Growing old is inevitable;
        growing up is optional.
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
          On Friday, Oct 1, 2004, at 13:44 US/Central, "hiphopdjdecal"
          <rygar126@...> wrote:

          > i have a problem with my eclipse hood always leaking in the back.
          > its an overflow of something but i dont know what it is or where its
          > coming from. if any has experienced this and knows how to fix this
          > annoying problem please let me know. thanks
          >
          > ryan

          Ryan, I have had the same problem, and on my web site I detail how I
          dealt with it. Fran is right, it happens when the filter is clogged
          and water overflows the filter box--which, since it is above the level
          of the tank edge, can lead to leaks.

          http://www.well.com/user/debunix/fish/filters.html

          Diane Brown in St. Louis
          http://www.well.com/user/debunix/fish/fishIndex.html