Re: [UniQuaria] Fish Magazines - Freshwater?

  • AuntieFran@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
      Julie, I think most of the really good fish magazines have gone to a salt/pond/freshwater format - something for everyone.  If there's one that's exclusively freshwater, I'd love to know about it, too.

      --
      Growing old is inevitable;
      growing up is optional.

      > Does anyone know of any fish magazines dedicated solely to freshwater? I pick
      > up the magazines in the pet stores every so often but it seems like I usually
      > don't read much of them as they seem to be focused on marine fishkeeping. If
      > there's a good freshwater one that I've missed, I'd like to check it out.
      >
      > Julie Haddy

      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/ctpplB/TM
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • joanna
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
        I don't think any US magazines are
        strictly Freshwater.

        In my opinion, the fish magazines
        have had to add marine sections to compete for subscriber dollars/ just as all magazines have to fight to stay
        in the publishing game.
        The Internet darn near killed off the
        paper/print medium just as Gutenberg's
        press ended the quill-pen-write-one-book -a-year era.

        I believe it was Tropical Fish Hobbyist
        that ran a herp column for a while -
        again struggling to win subscribers. I was NOT thrilled to
        browse my new issues and turn to
        an article about snakes :-)

        I put up with marine articles/ sections/
        columns 'cause I love the good stuff
        the mags contain on freshwater plants,
        fish and misc. critters.

        Joanna, LMD Kansas US