Re: [UniQuaria] Retrofitting lights on a 5g tank - website to order?

  • Tom Bates
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      From: "Canadian Goldfish Society - Kristy Milland" <cgfs@...>
      To: <UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 9:53 PM
      Subject: Re: [UniQuaria] Retrofitting lights on a 5g tank - website to
      order?

      > At 09:43 PM 6/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:
      > >If you are going to retrofit existing strip lights, get the 2 x 13 Bright
      > >(part # 21301) and use only one ballast, one endcap socket so the
      finished
      > >product will only have one 13 watt CF tube. This will leave you another
      > >ballast, endcap socket and wire to retrofit a second aquarium strip
      light.
      > >At $15.00 you can't go wrong.
      >
      > That's $15+bulb+shipping :) But you're right, not bad.

      I stand corrected.

      > >Don't forget to ask for the Installation Tips booklet (Part # 21309)
      since
      > >it is free.
      >
      > My current light is just two light bulbs, not fluorescent - is that OK?
      Can
      > I retrofit that?

      You mean two incandescents, probably the long thin (@ 1" diameter x 5" long)
      style. Does it have a metal reflector above the lights? If so, it should
      work out fine. To totally clear up this question, ask the folks at AH Supply
      to be sure.

      > Kristy
      >

      > Canadian Goldfish Society

      Tom Bates - Senior LMD
      Allentown, PA USA
      http://www.UniQuaria.com
    • Canadian Goldfish Society - Kristy Milla
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
        At 10:39 PM 6/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:
        >You mean two incandescents, probably the long thin (@ 1" diameter x 5" long)
        >style.

        Not even that - they're really light bulbs, just long and thin.

        >Does it have a metal reflector above the lights? If so, it should
        >work out fine. To totally clear up this question, ask the folks at AH Supply
        >to be sure.

        It doesn't have that...

        Kristy

        Canadian Goldfish Society
        cgfs@...
        http://www.canadiangoldfish.com
      • Canadian Goldfish Society - Kristy Milla
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
          At 10:39 PM 6/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:
          >You mean two incandescents, probably the long thin (@ 1" diameter x 5" long)
          >style. Does it have a metal reflector above the lights? If so, it should
          >work out fine.

          I have attached a photo of the light fixture I have.

          Kristy

          Canadian Goldfish Society
          cgfs@...
          http://www.canadiangoldfish.com
        • David Lubowski
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003

            Kristy, don’t even think about it, get the AHsupply DELUXE kit and you’ll see a difference you won’t believe.

            The kits are very simple to install, and instruction diagrams are easy to read. Also make sure you order the instruction booklet on DIY enclosures, it’s free, and it really helps to have that info just in case you want to build your own.

            David Lubowski

            Visita mi página / Visit my web page

            http://espanol.geocities.com/dlubowski/

            UniQuaria] Retrofitting lights on a 5g tank - website to order?

            At 10:39 PM 6/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:
            >You mean two incandescents, probably the long thin (@ 1" diameter x 5" long)
            >style.

            Not even that - they're really light bulbs, just long and thin.

            >Does it have a metal reflector above the lights? If so, it should
            >work out fine. To totally clear up this question, ask the folks at AH Supply
            >to be sure.

            It doesn't have that...

            Kristy

            Canadian Goldfish Society
            cgfs@...
            http://www.canadiangoldfish.com

            Need help with your website? Go to the individuals we went to for www.UniQuaria.com, the expert team at High Aspirations, Inc. This highly qualified group can do anything and everything to make your website exceed your expectations. Please visit their website at www.highaspirationsinc.com.

          • Tom Bates
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
              Kristy;

              After seeing the photo I agree with what David said, get the Deluxe Bright
              kit. Since this is going over a 5 gallon, you will do fine with the 1 x 13
              watt Deluxe Bright.

              Just to make sure though, ask the folks at AH Supply if this kit will fit
              into the existing enclosure you have (after you totally gut the
              incandescents out).

              The screw in lights you have now are exactly what I thought they were. The
              photo confirmed it.

              Tom Bates - Senior LMD
              Allentown, PA USA
              http://www.UniQuaria.com

              > >style. Does it have a metal reflector above the lights? If so, it should
              > >work out fine.
              >
              > I have attached a photo of the light fixture I have.
              >
              > Kristy
              >

              > Canadian Goldfish Society
              > cgfs@...
              > http://www.canadiangoldfish.com
            • G. A. Christian Bilou
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
                Depending on how much light you need, there are full-spectrum, screw-in compact fluorescents that provide 2500 lumens of light at 6400K for 30 Watts total power usage, and will screw into the existing fixture.  Here in Calgary, I buy them from: http://www.envirolites.com/index.html .

                G. A. Christian Bilou

                From: "Canadian Goldfish Society - Kristy Milland" cgfs@...