Re: 33W Light Installed.

  • rvijay
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2003
      --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, "rvijay" <rvijay07@m...> wrote:
      > I bought a simple 33W Fluorescent light and installed it slightly
      > above my open 20G Acquarium on the wall. It is clear that the light
      > makes a lot of difference.
      >
      > Vijay

      Hopefully, these lights will help in the Photosynthesis of the
      plants, thereby reducing the nitrates and other chemicals that
      buildup in the system. I hope this turns out to be a truly great
      filter.

      Vijay
    • GramFran413@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2003
        In a message dated 5/2/03 6:36:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time, rvijay07@... writes:

        >I bought a simple 33W Fluorescent light and installed it slightly
        >above my open 20G Acquarium on the wall. It is clear that the light
        >makes a lot of difference.

        Does this mean that you've attached the light to the wall?  Or is it suspended above the tank?
      • rvijay
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2003
          GramFran413@a... wrote:
          > Does this mean that you've attached the light to the wall? Or is
          it
          > suspended above the tank?

          Attached to the wall but very close to the tank.

          Vijay
        • GramFran413@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2003
            In a message dated 5/2/03 8:37:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time, rvijay07@... writes:

            Attached to the wall but very close to the tank.

            I'd never thought to do that . . . just might have to look into that type setup.  Thanks for the idea :)
          • rvijay
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2003
              --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, GramFran413@a... wrote:
              > In a message dated 5/2/03 8:37:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
              > rvijay07@m... writes:
              >
              > > Attached to the wall but very close to the tank.
              >
              > I'd never thought to do that . . . just might have to look into
              that type
              > setup. Thanks for the idea :)

              You are welcome. This is called Brightstik or Brightlite by GE and
              comes with the simple wallmount. It is a very reasonably priced
              Flourescent lamp at $12.99/- Canadian locally here. There are no
              replacable parts and the lamp is expected to last between 3 to 5
              years. I feel that the costs of lighting are over exaggerated by the
              pet industry and hence it is overlooked a lot by fish keepers.
              Creative solutions greatly provide other alternatives. :)

              Vijay
            • rvijay
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2003
                GramFran413@a... wrote:
                > I'd never thought to do that . . . just might have to look into
                that type
                > setup. Thanks for the idea :)

                Here is the exact URL for the light I got.
                http://www.gelighting.com/na/home/pl3_flu_brightstik.html
              • GramFran413@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2003
                  In a message dated 5/2/03 6:52:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rvijay07@... writes:

                  http://www.gelighting.com/na/home/pl3_flu_brightstik.html

                  Thanks, Vijay!  I'll take a run over to Home Depot this morning.