Re: [UniQuaria] Re: Potate floating.

  • Larry G. Alexander
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2003
      I sometimes attach a white potato to the bottom
      part of my tank wall. My Chinese algae eaters and
      large plecostomus love to nibble on it.

      Score the potato with a knife in several different
      directions. Don't leave it in the aquarium for more
      than three days.

      Regards,

      Larry G. Alexander
      Tyler, Texas - USA
      http://www.alexandermusic.com

      At 01:03 AM 5/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:

      >what kind of fish(s)will eat a potato????
      >
      >-james-
      >

      >--- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, "rvijay" <rvijay07@m...> wrote:
      > > I saw the potatoe that I offered my fish in the 10G tank floating
      > > with a lot of spikey growth on it, immediately I removed it. Next
      > > time I need to be more careful in this regard.
      > >
      > > Vijay
    • rvijay
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2003
        --- In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, "Larry G. Alexander"
        <lonestar1@c...> wrote:
        > I sometimes attach a white potato to the bottom
        > part of my tank wall. My Chinese algae eaters and
        > large plecostomus love to nibble on it.
        >
        > Score the potato with a knife in several different
        > directions. Don't leave it in the aquarium for more
        > than three days.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Larry G. Alexander
        > Tyler, Texas - USA
        > http://www.alexandermusic.com

        Hey wow, this is great to know. The reason one of my Minnows that
        died recently I feel is certainly not due to overeating or old
        potatoe.

        Vijay