Re: [UniQuaria] Cabomba fans, read this

  • Bob Raible
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2002
      Ambulia is easier to grow than plastic plants :3)

      Seriously folks, this is an easy plant. I have a 4G cube aquarium on my
      desk at work. I add 1tsp/gal salt and light the tank with a screw-in
      CF. The tank is unheated. The little piece of ambulia I started with
      has pretty much filled the tank crowding out the resident white cloud
      and fiddler crab. I have to prune it back every week or two. The
      fiddler crab has a blast crawling around the branches.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • rvijay
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
        Is it the same as this one ? http://www.petfish.net/nana.htm

        If there is another link for this plant, please post it here. Will
        this do good with Gold Fish ?

        Thanks.

      • tuvix72
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
          Think you're looking at the wrong plant there. Anubias Vs Ambulia.

          Ambulia: (Limnophila aquatica)
          http://192.38.244.204/frameset_productcard.asp?id=046

          Anubias var. nana
          http://192.38.244.204/productcard_1.asp?id=101

          Hope those links work, if not just look up the names in
          www.tropica.com

          Giancarlo

        • AuntieFran@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
            But Joanna, does it shred off when the fish eat it and clog the filter intake as badly as Cabomba?  That's another of my Cabomba "issues" :(

            Growing old is inevitable . . . growing up is optional!